Would you like to come and join our studio in West Dulwich (and on-site around London)?
Enthusiastic Workshop Manager
We are looking for an enthusiastic workshop manager to join our passionate team in Dulwich (South London)
The role involves taking over the day-to-day management of our high-quality bespoke furniture studio.
Projects range from fitted cabinetry such as kitchens through to freestanding furniture such as dining tables for luxury homes in and around the London area. As well as free-standing items that are sold internationally.
Experience in crafting bespoke, high-end residential work is a must - so is a keen eye for detail. You must be both an excellent craftsperson and a motivated manager.
The ideal candidate would possess the following qualities:
- Ideally previous experience as a Workshop Manager/Foreman/Supervisor or of managing a team
- Strong project management skills, with an ability to prioritise and multi-task - being able to work on multiple jobs and ensure that deadlines are met, but not forsaking quality control - which is essential
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Be a very experienced maker (mid-senior level) with suburb attention to detail. Have broad experience in high-end luxury furniture making techniques and processes, a strong knowledge of woodworking machinery and tools. Must have experience in working with solid and panels, as well as both traditional and modern techniques. Plus an in-depth knowledge of hardware.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), be approachable and flexible - able to deal with clients on site
- Able to read and execute technical drawings
- Ideally able to interpret and edit design files - working knowledge of Sketch-up and/or CAD would be beneficial
- Able to use office software - especially Excell would be a plus
- Good leadership skills and motivator of staff
- Responsible for the overall management and control of the the workshop on a day to day basis
- Working closely with and reporting directly to the Company Directors
- Able to take a detailed project briefing and then manage the project from start to finish - including on site if required
- Keeping work scheduling up to date - ensuring works are completed within the set timescales and delivery dates are met
- Quality control and management - ensuring manufactured items are produced within the specification and are to an expected quality level including finishing works
- Stock and supplier management - stock control, ordering materials, scheduling deliveries -Knowledge of LEAN manufacturing is desireable.
- Implementation of 'good housekeeping' and health and safety policy
Full Time - Salary based on skills level.
Candidates will be asked to do both a written and practical skills test
Freelance Furniture Makers / Cabinet Makers Wanted
We are currently looking to hear from experienced makers (middleweight and above) who are looking for freelance work (there may also be a full-time opportunity available for the right candidate).
You must be versed with working both with panels and solid.
Be able to read and execute technical drawings.
Most importantly you must have an exceptional eye for detail and aspire to craft furniture to the highest quality.
Internships available / Part time assistant
Are you looking to put your furniture making training into practice?
Would you like to get some experience both in the workshop and on-site and hone your skills?
Do you have a strong eye for detail?
We looking to hear from applicants who have a undertaking in-depth furniture making training and a good basic knowledge of most of the machines and processes that would be encountered in a busy workshop like ours. Please note this role would involve some heavy lifting.
Fluent English or Italian a must for all candidates.
Please contact Melissa via email for all job inquires - sending full CV and reference if available.